A crown is commonly known as “cap”. It is an artificial restoration that fits over the prepared natural teeth making it stronger and giving more natural appearance.
WHY DENTAL CROWN NEEDED?
- To protect a weak tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling especially when there isn’t enough tooth structure left
- To cover severly discolored/mishappened tooth
- To cover dental implant
- To make cosmetic modifications
- To hold a dental bridge
TYPES OF CROWN :
- All metal
- Porcelain fused to metal
- All ceramic or all porcelain
- Zirconia or milled crown
A bridge is like having three crowns.. The teeth on either side of the missing tooth are prepared for dental crowns .
- Restore your smile
- Restore the ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position